Karité salutes Nyakio Grieco of Thirteen Lune

Karité salutes Nyakio Grieco of Thirteen Lune

Karité carefully considers our retail partnerships, as our values—including a commitment to BIPOC-owned brands and “clean” beauty—must align with theirs. Thirteen Lune has proven to be a successful collaboration, and it wouldn’t have been possible without the vision of co-founder Nyakio Grieco.

The inspiration: Nyakio Grieco

Her role: Co-founder of Thirteen Lune

Her story: Nyakio burst onto the beauty scene in 2002 with one of the first “clean” skincare lines that reflected the rich heritage of Africa and her Kenyan origins. Fast forward to 2020 when racial inequality was in the headlines, she partnered with Patrick Herning of Honore 11 to create an e-commerce platform dedicated to supporting and elevating BIPOC-founded beauty and wellness brands.

Why she motivates us: Thirteen Lune has made minority-owned businesses the majority with their “90/10” rule, which means 90% of the brands featured are Black- and Brown-owned, and the remaining 10% have proven their dedication to inclusivity.

Follow @Nyakio and @thirteenlune on Instagram for ongoing inspiration!

Leave a comment

Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.